Section 18(2) of the Fire Services Acts places a duty on persons having control over premises to:
- Take all reasonable measures to guard against the outbreak of fire
- Provide reasonable fire safety measures
- Prepare and provide appropriate fire safety procedures
- Ensure that the fire safety measures and procedures are applied at all times
- Ensure as far as is reasonably practicable the safety of persons on the premises in the event of an outbreak of fire
Owners or Managers of premises should take careful note of the intervals at which various inspections, tests or checks are to be carried out.