VDU Assessment: Sit up & take note
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work, (General Application) Regulations 2007, Chapter 5 of Part 2 Display Screen Equipment is referred to as VDU. As an employer there are a number of duties set down it this regulation, the key requirements are to, carry out a risk assessment of employee workstations and provide information regarding control measures implemented to reduce injury
To provide practical advice to those who work in the financial services & offices on how to manage risks to employees who work at computer workstations, particularly the risk of developing an upper limb disorder or eye injuries. Consulting with your staff on a one to one basis is a common sense approach.
Safety Squad VDU Assessment
Required to carry out the VDU analysis “competent person” qualified with the fundamental “training, experience and knowledge”
Having examined each workstation, in relation to possible risks to eyesight, physical problems and problems of mental stress as outlined in Schedule 4 to the Regulations, the employer must take any necessary preventive measures to avoid risks to employee.
There are four stages in the risk assessment process:
- Stage 1: Initial consultation with the employee
- Stage 2: Observation of the employee working at the computer workstation
- Stage 3: Identify the issues that need to be addressed
- Stage 4: Review the implementation of the action plan
Why Choose Safety Squad for your VDU Assessments
- Because we are in the top 1% for what we do
- We have years of experience so we know how to engage your staff
- Our safety management will give you more time to focus on your business
- Using one company for all your safety needs saves you money & hassle
- Fully insured, qualified & tender compliant
Scroll down to see our fresh approach on social media. Our clients like to see if we can do what
we say we can and compare us with the competition. Creating long term relationships is key to everything we do.
- Verified Google Reviews (Best in Industry)
- Verified Facebook Reviews (Best in Industry)
The bigger picture on VDU Assessment
A range of effects on the arm, hand and shoulder areas linked to work activities is described as work-related upper limb disorders (WRULDs). Holding a part of the body rigid for a long time such as the back, neck and head may cause discomfort in the muscles, bones and tendons. Eye fatigue may also lead to employees adopting awkward postures which may cause discomfort of the limbs.
Our VDU Assessments are very detailed to help overcome any issues
- Display Screen Equipment
- Work desk or work surface
- Work chair
- Environment (space requirements, lighting, radiation, noise, heat and humidity)
- Employee computer interface / (software
VDU Assessment Call 015340999 Squad Goals = Save Lives