Sports Clubs Discount - First Aid Course Training
Make Your Team A Safety Squad
Think any sports first aid course is the same? Think again we engage coaches, managers, parents, players & club members like no other provider. We appreciate people giving up their free time to learn lifesaving skills so our sessions are compact & concise with plenty of hands on practice. Everybody leaves filled with the first aid knowledge that they can use in pitch side emergency situations. The Squad will be efficient with your time & budget. Only €35 per person based on group of 10
For sports partnerships, we offer a sports course packed with common first aid scenarios. Otherwise for your specific sports club, Safety Squad tailor content with an emphasize on the injuries that occur most in the GAA, running, soccer, rugby, gymnastics, boxing etc. For those needing CPD credits we deliver Child Protection courses, the full 3 day, QQI FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid and 1 day OFA refresher training. On the day of training we will check your first aid kit & defibrillator to ensure they are rescue ready.
FREE First Aid Kit with every course. Booked before 30th April 2017
Sports First Aid Content
- Tips to Prevent Sports Injuries, Hydration & Warm up
- Scene safety, Patient Assessments (Primary, Secondary, SAMPLE), EMS activation, Recovery
- CPR & AED,
- Team mates with Asthma, Epilepsy, Anaphylaxis, FBAO
- Concussion, Head, Eye & Spinal Injuries
- Dislocations (ankle, shoulder), Factures (arm, leg, nose)
- Wounds (PEEPS) Bleeding, Shock
- Temperature-related injuries. These include: sunburn, heat exhaustion
- Treatment of Common Running Injuries = Muscle pull, soft tissue (sprain/strain) injuries Treatment includes RICE: rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Ice and cold therapy: Apply ice packs to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling. Compression: Wrap the affected area with tape, use splints, use supports to control swelling and stabilize the affected area.
- Course Protection: Premium insurance cover
- Course Material: Customised Safety Squad handouts for sports clubs
- Teaching Resources: The latest Laerdal Little Anne Manikins, AED Trainers, Splints & Bandages
- Assessment: Practical Demonstration & Short Answer Questions
- Safety Squad Certification: 2 Year Award.
- Duration: Saturday or after work options available during the week
- Location: Your clubhouse or Citywest Hotel
- Audience: Beginner or Advanced
- Group Size: From 6 to 60 people done well. Email below for more details